About the journal
Already have a Username/Password for Discrete Mathematics & Theoretical Computer Science? Just click the login button in the top right corner.
Need an account? Click the arrow next to the login button and select the "create account" option.
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
DMTCS covers Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science as domain of interest.
DMTCS is a scientific journal. This requires that your work is
- original: The main results of your paper must not have appeared elsewhere in a journal, neither by yourself nor by somebody else. There is no excuse for plagiarism, not even self-plagiarism. We have a good record in tracking such things down, be warned.
- important: Your results must be of importance to a wider public and should be of interest for more readers than just the referees.
- self contained: Other than for conference proceedings, we don't have any restrictions on the number of pages for an article. So there is no excuse to suppress proofs or not to give verbose examples. On the other hand, self contained short notes are highly welcome.
- complete: Your work must relate to the current state of the art of the domain in question. In particular, foreign and own results external to the manuscript must be correctly credited and complete reference to such related work must be given.
- legible: The journal's language is English, all conventions for scientific work in that language apply.
- correct: Your work must be mathematical correct and its quality of writing must be such that the referees will agree upon this fact. Your writing must be grammatically correct. Be ensured, that especially authors that are non-native speakers of English will receive all possible help to correct flaws. But also have in mind, that incorrect grammar might be the cause of severe misunderstandings and finally result in a rejection of the paper.
DMTCS is no circular letter, and no preprint server.
If you are looking for that, please consider the wide possibilities that the web offers nowadays.
Submission preparation checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published in a peer-reviewed media, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The submission is in PDF format.
- The submission is publically available as a preprint or similar through an open archive. Currently supported are Hal, arXiv, and CWI. As the name "open archive" indicates, these are there to stay, so make sure that your manuscript is sufficiently polished before submission to one of these archives.
If a submission is accepted, authors must edit the sources of the article in LaTeX format suitable to be processed with the journals style file. We will not be able to help you transforming word files or similar into LaTeX. Rules for preparing a document suitable for that style can be found at http://www.dmtcs.org/sample/. Please take it seriously.
Open Access and Free Licenses
DMTCS is an open-access peer-reviewed journal. French institutions INRIA and CNRS sponsor the OA Episciences platform which allows for a model without author or reader fees.
DMTCS is an open access journal: all content is freely available without charge to the users or their institutions. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the authors, in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
The articles are distributed under a Creative Commons CC-BY license: users are free to copy, distribute, transmit. Authors grant the journal non exclusive publication rights and retain their own rights without restriction.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.